Audacity is a free and open-source audio editing software for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Unix-like operating systems. Audacity used to record and mix entire albums, post-processing of all types of audio, including podcasts by adding effects such as normalization, trimming, and fading in and out and more.
What’s new in Audacity 2.2.0?
Audacity, has received a significant update. Some of new features are:
- Four supplied user interface themes, and customizability of themes for advanced users
- Playback of MIDI files (fully automatic on Windows; requires cooperating software synthesizer programs on macOs or Linux)
- Better organized menus
- Help link buttons in many dialogs lead to the relevant manual pages
- Playback of MIDI (and Allegro) files imported into Note Tracks is now available
- See change log for more info here.