Wine is an open-source and free software. It provides compatibility layer to allow Microsoft Windows apps to run on Linux and Unix-like operating systems. It is mostly used to run Windows games and apps such as MS-Office. The Wine development release 2.7 is now available for download:
From the announcement page:
– TCP and UDP connection support in WebServices.
– Various shader improvements for Direct3D 11.
– Improved support for high DPI settings.
– Partial reimplementation of the GLU library.
– Support for recent versions of OSMesa.
– Window management improvements on macOS.
– Various bug fixes.
- Read more: Wine 2.7 Released